The Sacrament of Baptism
What is the Sacrament of Baptism?
“Holy Baptism is the basis of the whole Christian life, the gateway to life in the Spirit (vitae spiritualis ianua) , and the door which gives access to the other sacraments. Through Baptism we are freed from sin and reborn as sons of God; we become members of Christ, are incorporated into the Church and made sharers in her mission: Baptism is the sacrament of regeneration through water in the word.” (CCC 1213)
Furthermore, by the Sacrament of Baptism, we are immersed into the paschal mystery of Christ participating in his death and resurrection so much so that we die and rise with Him (Sacrosanctum Concilium #6). It cleanses us of our Original Sin and dispenses upon us sanctifying grace, the life of God within our souls. It is the first step of our lifetime journey of Christian commitment of discipleship. This is our journey with God and with other Christians towards the fullness of life in heaven.
Requirements for baptism at Santuario Eucaristico
1. Parent’s Church Marriage Contract (original and photocopy)
2. Child’s Birth Certificate (original and photocopy)
3. Sponsors or god-parents
- Must be a practicing Catholic
- Must have received the Sacraments of Holy Communion and Confirmation
- Must have completed the sixteenth year of age (with exceptions)
- For a complete list of requirements for sponsors, please click here
4. Pastoral interview in cases of parents not married in Church (whether civilly married or live-in partners), a single parent, adopted child, child living with relatives
5. Confession especially single parent
- For non-parishioners: Parish Permit from the parish of origin
- For parishioners: Certification from Community or Chapel Animator
7. Pre-Baptismal Catechesis
Schedule of Baptism
Every 2nd and 4th Sunday of the Month during the 9:00am English Mass.
Readings on Baptism